Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2013 22:00

can't find driver for Optiarc DVDRWBD BC-5540H in Inspiron One

The combo drive cannot read Blu-ray after I reinstall the operating system. The windows update has the 6.1.7601.17514 (6/21/2006) version driver.

I tried uninstall/reinstall the driver with no success. Installing different media players like PowerDVD, VLC media player didn't work. The CD/DVD Device Capabilities Viewer cannot find Blu-ray, either.

I cannot find the driver for Optiarc BC-5540H on Dell's driver download website. Is it missing?

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

June 19th, 2013 05:00

Hi MissingDriver,

Please try the below mentioned steps to identify the problem:

• Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps from this link: http://bit.ly/3jfUon
  • Run MS Fix it: http://bit.ly/cTlMTW
  • Check the functionality of the Blu-ray drive.
  • If the issue persists, check if Optical Drive is detected in device manager and has any exclamation marks on it,  reply if there any exclamation marks on it.

Try the above steps and reply with results.

June 19th, 2013 07:00

I can play cd/dvd on my computer but cannot play Blu-ray. I tried all the steps you suggested but still have the same problem.

Device manager did NOT show any exclamation marks on the optical drive.

The firmware I have for the optical drive is still 2006 version, which looks very distant. (I purchased the Inspiron All-in-one in 2011). That's why I am looking for a newer version.

Thanks again.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

June 19th, 2013 09:00

Blueray Playback requires HDCP via DVI OR HDMI monitor as well as up to date Cyberlink Power DVD software AND possibly Firmware.  Power DVD 10 is the OLDEST version that still works with the above caveats. My solution to this  has always been to Buy a new OEM DVD drive that comes with its own copy of cyberlink DVD 10 . Cost was about the same as buying the software alone.  Would NOT play Blueray until I installed the software and then purchased a recent Blueray DVD (Karate Kid II).

When I put the disc in it made me change the Region to 1 aka USA and downloaded some kind of Certificate from the web.  Then rebooting and disconnecting from the web the Blue Ray Disc plays fine.

The drive Software Bundle had some kind of FIrmware utility that did an update to the drive once I had chosen a region. Came with Cyberlink Power DVD version 10 and an upgrade offer for version 12.

As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 8 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for this version. Any Blu-ray Disc titles released after 2010 April may not be compatible with CyberLink PowerDVD 8 Ultra retail version.

LG WH12LS30 12X SATA BLU-RAY BURNER BLACK W/SOFTWARE LIGHTSCRIBE

LG Portable Blu-ray Disc Drive

June 19th, 2013 22:00

Thanks for your help.

I installed the PowerDVD 11 and make sure it's updated to v3901(otherwise it won't work). Now I can enjoy my blu-rays.:)

No Events found!