Highlighted
luvlyjubly128
2 Bronze

dell dimension 8300 wont recognise ati gigabytr HD4560? Heeeelllpp please!

I am running windows 7 sp1 running a dell dimension with 4gb ram. I have just upgraded to a new graphics card AGP. However, after installing the drivers my pc is not recognising as plug in generic standard vga monitor? I have connected the graphics card to a 4 pin molex but does this need a certain level of power? I dont not what output my dell dimension PSU poer is? Anyone?!!!

Please can anyone help? 

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
5 Replies
7 Plutonium

Re: dell dimension 8300 wont recognise ati gigabytr HD4560? Heeeelllpp please!

That Card requires 305W power supply minimum.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

luvlyjubly128
2 Bronze

Thanks.... but to establish if there is a problem with my computer set up what is my PSU for my dell dimension 8300?

Service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> - express code <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

With this information this may help....

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Kelbear1
4 Germanium

Did you download the correct AGP driver from the AMD website for this card based on running Windows 7?  You should have a 250 watt or 300 watt power supply.  That information is usually displayed on a sticker on the side of your power supply.  

0 Kudos
Kelbear1
4 Germanium

The correct drivers should be HERE.  

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Iridium

Regarding a power supply, the Cooler Master Elite 460 should fit without the need for case modifications. It's $35 including shipping before a $15 mail-in rebate.

And note that, as Kelbear1 said, the 4650 AGP requires special 'hotfix' drivers. The regular drivers won't work.

0 Kudos