Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2012 14:00

dell dimension 9200

can anyone help please,I,ve just put a new dvd rewrited in my pc as my sony one has packed up,I took a black piece of plastic off the blue sliding plate and cant figure out how to put it back,I,ve got the manual but even with that i cant work out where it goes.

159 Posts

January 15th, 2012 15:00

If you're looking at the unit straight on then there should be 2 tabs on the left side of the black front panel that line up on the computer itself.  Once you have the left side lined up in the notches then move it toward the right and it should snap back in securely.

18 Posts

January 16th, 2012 11:00

can pics be posted on here,maybe with a picture of it might help

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

From reading the documenation, there's nothing that should be removable from the retention assembly. Might you have broken the piece off?

support.dell.com/.../parts.htm

18 Posts

hi,no it is,nt broke,I,ve looked at the manual and cant see where it goes but i,m sure it was off the blue sliding panel

18 Posts

hi thanks for reply but it,s not the front plastic panel,the thing i,m stuck on came from inside the pc,I think it was on the blue sliding plate that you have to pull back before the writer will come out,its a tiny bit of black plastic 3 inches long

18 Posts

January 16th, 2012 12:00

thankyou for your help,maybe i will just leave it out then,thanks anyway for your advice

159 Posts

January 16th, 2012 12:00

That black piece of plastic is used to secure the optical drive in place if you were using the system in a desktop configuration (laying on it's side).  However, this type of mounting require a different face plate and I don't believe Dell even made the different face plate for this type of mounting.  So they really should not have included that piece ont his system.  It will slide into the case at the very top of unit right above the blue lever you mentioned or it's also directly above the optical drive.  Or you don't necessarily need to put it back in since it's not needed.

No Events found!