Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2010 07:00

dell dimension c521 new hard drive wont boot error message

Hi i have a dell dimension c521 my old hard drive wont turn on so i got a new hard drive but when i turn on the power i get this messige

(no boot device detected insert system disk and press f1 to continue or f2 to setup menu)

i have to press f12 on first screen to boot cds and the os but when i turn off the computer it wont let me run the os so i have to reinstall to start it up every time  so i ran some tests it said start up missing boot maniger   

Please Help AS Soon As

412 Posts

August 30th, 2010 08:00

I assume you have Windows Vista.

Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Let us know how that goes. 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 30th, 2010 11:00

Hi i have a dell dimension c521 my old hard drive wont turn on so i got a new hard drive but when i turn on the power i get this messige

(no boot device detected insert system disk and press f1 to continue or f2 to setup menu)

i have to press f12 on first screen to boot cds and the os but when i turn off the computer it wont let me run the os so i have to reinstall to start it up every time  so i ran some tests it said start up missing boot maniger   

Please Help AS Soon As

brad1000

After installing the new SATA hard drive, did you reinstall windows and load all the drivers?

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 30th, 2010 12:00

If I were a betting man I'd say that's the issue.

LOL.   :emotion-22:

Bev.

2.8K Posts

August 30th, 2010 12:00

[quote user="brad1000"]

Please Help AS Soon As

brad1000

After installing the new SATa hard drive, did you reinstall windows and load all the drivers?

Bev.

[/quote]

If I were a betting man I'd say that's the issue.

3 Posts

August 30th, 2010 19:00

yes i installed all drivers after installing the os but it wonted load after turning the computer off :emotion-6:

3 Posts

August 30th, 2010 19:00

I just tryed Bootrec.exe then tryed to install vista got error message when it was on expanding files code 0x80070017

No Events found!