Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2012 22:00

dell inspiron one 19 touchscreen NOT WORKING!

Alright, i supremely HATE working with Dell computers...i'd like to say that first and foremost.  NO OTHER COMPUTER BRAND have i EVER had to utilize a discussion forum to solve problems with.  Whew...sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Now...to the point of this post.  Had to repair a Dell Inspiron One 19, badly plagued, recovery partition would not boot, had to disc it.  It is running Windows 7-64 bit. After the install, updated the computer, installed EVERY driver.  I have ZERO drivers in my device manager that is missing drivers, updated ANY and ALL drivers associated with the touchscreen.  I've installed the touch zone, etc.

To this point, i STILL cannot get the touchscreen to actually work.  I've checked the settings of the touchscreen, everything appears to be in order, someone PLEASE help me figure out why this touch screen still will not work for me.  I need to get this thing up and running PRONTO.

Thanks for any and all help or advice that you guys can give.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 20th, 2012 23:00

Hi Weddle,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touch screen drivers from the mentioned steps given below.

1. Open the ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’ and then in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Check under ‘Human Interface Devices’ if you see ‘NextWindow 1950 Touch screen’.
  3. Right Click on the ‘NextWindow 1950 Touch screen’ and click on Uninstall.
  4. Then Click on ‘Scan for Hardware changes’ and check for the issue.
  5. If you don’t see ‘NextWindow 1950 Touch screen’ listed under ‘Human Interface Devices’.
  6. Please install the drivers of touch screen from the link below.

http://dell.to/SaDSQ6

Please let me know if this helps.

15 Posts

September 21st, 2012 02:00

No such luck friend.  uninstalling and reinstalling drivers does nothing.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 22nd, 2012 07:00

Hi Weddle,

I would like you to run a diagnostic test on the One 1909T system. Please find below, the link for an online diagnostic test from the Dell Support site:

http://www.dell.com/support/diagnostics/us/en/19?&~ck=anavml

Please navigate to the above page and select the option ‘Component’ under ‘Choose a Diagnostic Type’. The pane under ‘Make a selection’ will have the option ‘Touch Screen’ close to the end of the list. Please select this option and click on the ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.

Please reply to this post with the result/error code.

15 Posts

September 24th, 2012 19:00

it cancelled the calibration portion of the test, it totally failed the second part(clear the screen) because the "touch" was all over the screen, and the double touch portion of the diagnostic went haywire and the "mouse" flickered all over the screen and then said "double touch detected".  

So...once the diagnostic was done it said "no data exists"

any other ideas?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 26th, 2012 06:00

Hi Weddle,

I have added you as my friend on the community forum. Please send me a private message with the system service tag, so that I could assist you further.

1 Message

May 7th, 2013 19:00

You should check to be sure you have a touch.  There are two different Dell Inspiron One 19 models.  One is the Inspiron 19 and the other is the Inspiron 19 Touch.

1 Message

October 4th, 2014 12:00

Ya solucioné, la única solución fue instalar el nextwindow touch driver de una lenovo y funciono perfecto. El archivo se llama c1tpk06us17_64.exe .. no tengo el link a la mano pero funcionó!   Es el mismo programa pero versión 3. Y cuando lo instalas se hace llama nextwindow optical touch driver. Saludos.

1 Message

January 6th, 2016 13:00

si le sirve a alguien más, y a soporte Dell, la solución propuesta por MRDEMONIAC funciona perfectamente. busqué el nombre del driver, una de las opciones me dio el sitio de descargas de lenovo, lo descargué y funcionó. Muchas Gracias!

No Events found!