Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2016 19:00

dimension 4550 bios battery help.

My dell when i unplug it and plug it back in won't keep the bios settings. I replace the battery with a new one and the jumper is on normal. But it will tell me my cmos battery voltage it low but it's brand new. I can't figure it out. The jumper said normal or setup. I can't even find a service manual for it. Well thanks for any help i can get.

July 30th, 2016 20:00

Hi GWB21471

Thanks for writing to us.

After changing the battery is the BIOS saving the settings?

Have you replaced it with the same part# as the original one. If yes, then possibly we are looking at the connector on the motherboard is faulty.

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

23 Posts

July 31st, 2016 00:00

My service tag is [Admin NOTE: Service tag removed per TOU policy] and i did replace it with the same battery type as the original one.

July 31st, 2016 22:00

Hi looks to be a faulty motherboard . The service tag is remove as its in public post, Click on my name in blue and then select send a private message.

August 3rd, 2016 23:00

Do give us a shout should you have any questions.

23 Posts

August 8th, 2016 19:00

Sorry i haven't gotten back to you about this but i was on vacation. I took the motherboard out  and tried to trace the positive form the bios battery and where it soldered to the motherboard has power but from there it doesn't. I check where the jumper is to clear bios and i have no power there. The little coin battery with in a couple of day after putting it on the battery socket. The computer will keep it settings with it kept plug in but once it's unplug  everything gets wipe out in the bios. I seem can't find a diagram to show me what to test to see   where the power stops. Can i put a external bios battery on it. Thanks for the help.

No Events found!