IMRed
1 Copper

download software from CD

When I insert a disc into the CD/DVD drive, nothing happens, I cannot download the software. I can't even find the drive on the control panel. HELP

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: download software from CD

Hi IMRed,

Thanks for posting.

In order for the experts to respond effectively to your question, you will need to post the model number and operating system of your computer.  Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

RE: download software from CD

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060

Your CD or DVD drive is not seen in File Explorer (called Windows Explorer in Windows 7 and earlier versions of Windows), and the device is marked with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager. Additionally, after you open the device's Properties dialog box, one of the following errors is listed in the Device statusarea:

• Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

• The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

• A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

• Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

• Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.

• You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.

• You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro