2 Bronze

drop down box issue

Purchased optiplex 3030 aio in January and also  a logitech keyboard and mouse combined wireless.

Have problems with drop down boxes, this is okay for a while then stops and I have to use the keyboard arrow down key.

logitech sent another mouse still the same and I also tried another wireless mouse and still does it.  Can your browser affect this, I use firefox, any help much appreciated?  many thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
8 Xenon

RE: drop down box issue

Drop down boxes, and Firefox are not Dell products.

Java, Flash, Dotnet, and Security Settings affect this as does the browser being IE or Chrome or Firefox.

This is not supported here.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

2 Bronze

Sorry a little confused.  I have never encountered nor do I encounter this problem on my sony laptop and I use firefox browser, it has only happened with this dell optiplex 3030 AIO, I was wanting some sort of help as to what I could try to see if it stops, you mention security settings, I have macafee with BT and as said earlier never had this problem before, would appreciate some sort of advice?

many thanks

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

sorry forgot to say when I talk about drop down boxes it is not an app I am using.  It is when you go into your bank or a store where there are choices of size, colour etc, this is the drop down box I am referring to. many thanks

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Is this a problem on all sites or only certain sites?

Are drop-down lists the only thing that fail or do other (all) mouse functions cease at the same time?

In Internet Explorer there's a Tools>Compatibility View settings list on the toolbar. Does FF have that too?

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

Firefox has hidden all drop-downs and now uses a customize button with + buttons to expand things.  It also disables Java and Flash with a one time popup called Allow and remember.  If you miss it you have to enable the plugins from the Ad-dons area.  All of this is premised on whether or not you have administrator privileges.  You have to press the + button to show the customize options and press the big green Exit button to save the changes.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

2 Bronze

Hi yes it does it on most sites but not straight away, usually when has been used for a while! very starange.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Sorry a little confused, does that mean when I want to click on a drop down box on a site I have to click on the customise button? and if so what do I need to add on? sorry not very up on this kind of thing.  many thanks

0 Kudos