Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2013 06:00

dual monitor with two VGA monitors (Inspiron 620 model)

Hello, 

I have a desktop Inspiron 620 (i5-2320 cpu @3GHz). The display adapter is AMD Radeon HD 6450. 

With two VGA analog monitors, I wanted to set dual monitor. 

My problem is the desktop does not recognize two vga monitors but only one monitor. The vga ports (I have two) on the desktop do not work simultaneously. 

So, I tried to use DVI port but it is only allowed to use DVI-D (I thought I would use two VGA monitors if the graphic card allowed DVI-I port). DVI-D deosn't seem to allow analog monitors. 

Currently I am using only one of two vga ports with one analog monitor.

I am wondering if I have to buy new digital monitor that can be connected to the DVI-D port. 

Or, is there any method to use two vga ports on the desktop? 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 12th, 2013 07:00

riofunk7,

You have two options...

(1) Connect both monitors to the added Discrete video card ports
(2) Connect one monitor to the onboard VGA port. Connect the other monitor to the added Discrete video card port
* Reboot the system
* Press F2
* Go to Advanced- Graphics Configuration
* Enable Intel Multiple Monitor Feature
* Press F10 to Save your changes and exit the bios

2 Posts

January 16th, 2013 10:00

Thank you for your answer. I can make dual monitor with two VGAs. Actually, one of two VGA ports was not correctly installed. That was why I couldn't use two ports at same time. I installed the onboard VGA and ATI Radeon graphic card again, and now am using dual monitor.

21 Posts

February 20th, 2013 15:00

Hello?!?! I have this exact same issue posted elsewhere before I saw this. How do I find out if Im missing an installation driver etc for my second vga port? My second vga was installed by the manufacturer so Im not sure where look for this information

21 Posts

February 20th, 2013 15:00

No Events found!