Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2010 00:00

e1505 express card slot usb adapter?

i have searched until i am cross eyed! i've even gone into best buy and those guys are more clueless than i am. all of my usb ports are not working. i havent a clue why. i remember one day i went to plug in the cable to download pics and the computer didnt  get the little emblem down at the bottom saying it had hard ware plugged in. i tried all ports. looked in system to see if they were working properly and it said yes. then after 3hours of me doing a rain dance, lighting candles and praying to the usb gods, that little window popped up! but... few minutes pass and the window popped up saying that i disconnected/removed hardware(usb cord). i didnt do a dag on thing! so, i decided to go to best buy to see if i could take out the plastic express card slot thingy and put some sort of an adapter that had a usb port on it. well.... they kept selling me these insert things that were too wide and not at all shaped like the plastic blank card i took to them. i have gone on line and typed in every single word correlating to usb adapter express card card bus pci and what ever else and i cant find it! help!!!!!!  i just want the name of this thing i can stick in the slot(not talking about the slots where you put those little camera/phone chips in!) on the right side of computer that when i pushed the button a blank plastic thing popped out. i want to make it into a working usb port. somebody knows the name of this piece and where i can get it. or just get me a name of a good bottle of wine. or two or three...! ugh!!!!!!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 24th, 2010 03:00

As this section is specifically for DESKTOP issues, it would be better to post your Laptop problem in the Laptop section  HERE

Posting in the most correct forum section helps to get problems resolved or resolved faster. 

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

February 24th, 2010 07:00

No Events found!