Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2009 07:00

hello there , new to dell but having problems

hello there guys, i m quite new to dell and computers in general my last one being liek 7 years old.

ok im already having a few problems i just recived my dell xps 435 2 days ago,

ive been panning on reusing my old tft monitor with rgb input, the new computer has the ati 4850 with what i assume has two dvi ports for output, so i bought the rgb female to dvi male adaptor off the net, i got both the  15 and 24 pin dvis, i just tried using both adaptors but my monitor is still not getting any input it either says check video cable or standbye .

i also noticed that its bleeping ive looked through the dell bleep codes but can really find anything, it bleeps twice then a small gap the again twice and then twice again and continues. i have no idea whats wrong with it, i havent plugged in a keyboard as of yet could that have anythign to do with my problems , since i had to order a usb one and it hasnt arrived yet.

anyway thanks for any help you can give me

rishi

2 Posts

August 21st, 2009 10:00

hey guys dont worry i managed to fix this, just for future reference if you get two bleeps at start up it means the rams not inserted properly, now if like me you get the two bleeps after the computer is turned on not straight away, its either your graphics card or the ram, id recomend taking of the two screws to open up you pc and then remove the ram chips and put them back in and vice versa with the graphics card, look on youtube for reinstalling  the ram, that sorted out my issues

No Events found!