andy.moller
1 Nickel

help please

Hello sir,
My Dell Optiplex turns off any time I on it.
What could be the problem?
I try to format it but still  
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: help please

Hi Andy,

Please share the 'System Model' and 'Operating System' installed. Also, run the diagnostics on the system to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

Observe the system in BIOS, if it still shuts down there or not. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F2' key to enter the 'BIOS Setup'.
  • Once in BIOS Setup, check if the system shuts down or not.

Please share the below mentioned information as well, which will assist us to isolate the issue further:

• How long have you been facing this issue for?
  • Have you made any hardware or software changes to the system before the issue began?
  • Is the system overheating?

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos
andy.moller
1 Nickel

hello Sir,

is still not working.

it goes off again.

0 Kudos
andy.moller
1 Nickel

hello sir,

the system tells me the following;

alert! previous shutdown due to thermal event

0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Thank you for sharing the information. Please try updating the BIOS and check if the issue reoccurs or not. Here are the steps:

• Click on the below link: http://dell.to/18NmI2D
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • Go to 'BIOS' and click on the BIOS available.
  • Click on 'Download File'.
  • Select 'For Single File Download via Browser'.
  • Click on 'Download Now'.
  • Save the BIOS on your desktop.
  • Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select 'Run as administrator'.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Note: Do not turn off power before update complete. Connect your computer any surge protector (if available) to avoid any unexpected shut down. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos