Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 13th, 2016 08:00

how do i get windows 7 home premium installation file?

i want to install windows 7 home premium on my Inspiron 15R N5110. i cant find the original disks that i got when bought but have the 100%legal product key for it on the bottom of the laptop. please help!!! the windows im using right now is extremely messed up. its a miracle i got even chrome and file explorer open and running.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 13th, 2016 13:00

i want to install windows 7 home premium on my Inspiron 15R N5110. i cant find the original disks that i got when bought but have the 100%legal product key for it on the bottom of the laptop. please help!!! the windows im using right now is extremely messed up. its a miracle i got even chrome and file explorer open and running.

liquidmagma

You can download a Windows 7 Home Premium ISO and create your own media, using your own product key, from Here:

http://pcriver.com/operating-systems/windows-7-home-premium-iso-download/

Or buy a Dell reinstallation DVD from Here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=windows+7+home+premium&_osacat=0&_ipg=200&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R1.TR3.TRC2.A0.H2.Xdell+windows+7+home+premium.TRS0&_nkw=dell+windows+7+home+premium&_sacat=0

Bev.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

March 13th, 2016 08:00

Reinstalling the operating system does not cure all problems. Run the Diagnostics including a custom extended hard drive test to see if hardware is failing. No use reinstalling windows on a failing hard drive or a failing computer.

Plenty of Dell reinstallation of win 7 operating system disks available. Borrow/buy one if it has the exact same dell home premium version of win 7. Use your own key on the sticker to activate. Be aware that your model cannot run windows 10, so don't try to install it. 

5.2K Posts

March 14th, 2016 09:00

If you want it, Win 7 WILL update to Win 10 on the N5110. Many have done it. No computer from Dell more than three years or so old is supported  by Dell because they do not have all the drivers they think are necessary for Win 10. Most Dells up to 10 years old will run Win 10. See my successes in my Sig. Win 10 installs necessary "generic" drivers where necessary. You can usually find more optimum drivers if you look hard. I even have good official video drivers for my 8-10 year old machines. You DO NOT need to update the BIOS as so many insist you need to. 

No Events found!