Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2005 19:00

initdebug

That is the name of an icon that is on my desktop. It has been there for about 6 weeks. I think it ended up there when I downloaded something to monitor the hard drive temp of my 4700. I didn't like the first program that I downloaded for that purpose and uninstalled it, but that icon stayed. It doesn't have a shortcut arrow, just a picture of a monitor with a little "i" in a balloon.  When I right click on it and click on properties, the type of file is MSInfo Document. Is it safe to delete this icon from my desktop?  Thanks, Linda

October 23rd, 2005 20:00

I did that. Now, how do I find my System Information? When I double clicked on that icon, I got an error message that said, " System Information cannot open this NFO file. It might be corrupted or an unrecognized version. I click okay and a system info window opens up.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 23rd, 2005 20:00

lindapolovchik.

Right click the icon and select delete and send it to the Recycle Bin. Don't delete it from the recycle Bin for a week "just in case" then empty it from the bin..

Bev. 

October 23rd, 2005 21:00

No, this is not a new problem.  Initially I downloaded a program to monitor the temp of the hard drive, when I had that program loaded on the 4700 the initdebug opened up without an error. After I uninstalled the temp monitoring program the initidebug icon always gave me that error message. The icon is sitting in the recycle bin. But, I did find out how to view my system information. I clicked on My computer, view system information and a system properties window opens up. That works fine. It is just that once I downloaded that whatever it was called program to monitor the hard drive temp, it also left me with this icon on my desktop and once I uninstalled the downloaded program, the icon gives me the error message.
Also, the name of the program that was downloaded that left me with this icon that I want to get rid of is called Speed Fan.

Message Edited by lindapolovchik on 10-23-2005 05:35 PM

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

lindapolovchik.

Is this a new problem?
Was it there before you deleted the desktop icon? 
If so, then open the recycle bin and right click the icon you delete and click restore.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

lindapolovchik wrote:

No, this is not a new problem.  Initially I downloaded a program to monitor the temp of the hard drive, when I had that program loaded on the 4700 the initdebug opened up without an error. After I uninstalled the temp monitoring program the initidebug icon always gave me that error message. The icon is sitting in the recycle bin. But, I did find out how to view my system information. I clicked on My computer, view system information and a system properties window opens up. That works fine. It is just that once I downloaded that whatever it was called program to monitor the hard drive temp, it also left me with this icon on my desktop and once I uninstalled the downloaded program, the icon gives me the error message.

To open "System Information", click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type msinfo32.exe.

Do you still have a problem?

Bev.

October 23rd, 2005 22:00

Heavens, No. I found all my system information that way. I decided to print and after it refreshed my System Information, it proceeded to print out 349 pages. I did cancel the print. LOL
That is the same window that I get when I click on initdebug after I get past the error message about the unrecognized version. Why did Speed Fan put that on my desktop and then leave it there after I uninstalled it?

Message Edited by lindapolovchik on 10-23-2005 06:18 PM

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 23rd, 2005 22:00

lindapolovchik wrote:

Heavens, No. I found all my system information that way. I decided to print and after it refreshed my System Information, it proceeded to print out 349 pages. I did cancel the print. LOL
That is the same window that I get when I click on initdebug after I get past the error message about the unrecognized version. Why did Speed Fan put that on my desktop and then leave it there after I uninstalled it?

Contact Speed Fan's publisher about that question or check their website for answers.

Bev.

October 24th, 2005 13:00

Hi, Alfredo replied back to my email. That file on my desktop is a text file downloaded with the installer and used to run it from there. It can be deleted. Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 24th, 2005 20:00

lindapolovchik.

Thank's for the feedback.

Bev.
No Events found!