Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2009 11:00

keyboard is slow to respond

Having keyboard problems.  If I hold a key down it will type the key but you have o hold the key down for 3 or 4 seconds and thn go to the next key.  I am using the on-screen keyboard to type anything.  It isn't the keybord- I've tried another one- same problem.  I tried other USB ports etc.  Anyone know how to fix this?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 25th, 2009 12:00

Hi, Freddiebob:

This would be what model Dell and which operating system? I'm pretty good at fixing computers, but quite poor at mind reading. :emotion-2:

4 Posts

December 25th, 2009 13:00

Sorry - I suppose a little more info might be helpfull...Dell  Dimension E510 with Windows XP (I know it's probably 4 yrs old).  Keyboard works when I play Madden EASports 2001, but not on applications with Office (word, Outlook etc.).  Could I have deleted something?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

I'm no mind reader either...:emotion-2:

But, open the Keyboard control panel. Click the Speed tab and see what happens if you shorten the Repeat Delay and increase the Repeat Rate. (NOTE: This is based on XP, but Vista and Win 7 may be different.)

Ron

4 Posts

Repeat and repeat delay don't change anything.  fyi

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 26th, 2009 03:00

Could I have deleted something?

Did this just start recently? Did you add or remove any software or hardware?

4 Posts

March 16th, 2010 19:00

While trying to follow someone else's advice I am sure I removed software that caused this - but I don't know how to fix the problem.

No Events found!