Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2009 13:00

multimedia audio controller

I have read many strings about how to reinstall multimedia audio controller after accidently deleting it.  I went through the entire diagnostics process, which is how I found out my driver was gone. I tried downloading the Dell audio driver, but the link is broken to the only listed driver. Is the driver out of date, and if so, what is up to date and where can I find it? I tried downloading from commercial audio driver companies, like Realtek, but all I get is a come on for FREE downloads that aren't free.  I tried system restore, but got a message that "no restore dates are available". I have a Dell Dimension 4700c, motherboard: Dell 0R7935 A00. It's a 5 year old computer, with a maxed out C: drive to which I recently added a backup hard drive. There was probably never enough space to do a system restore, which I had set on automatic, thus no restore points. Can't restore; can't access Dell driver. I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2009 07:00

Hi, Shamen:

This link seems to work fine (I just tried it).

4.6K Posts

December 22nd, 2009 09:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

What capacity is the hard drive? 

I realise the system is 5 years old now, but since there's nothing else wrong with it, it might be worth investing in a larger capacity internal drive :emotion-55:

Having an external drive for backups etc is a great idea of course, but you should always have/leave a few spare GB's on the internal drive, for things like system restore points, the swap file, etc.

You'd just need to make sure you bought the correct format of drive.  Older systems may use an IDE (/PATA) drive, rather than a newer/faster SATA drive?

You could still make use of the old drive for... whatever, by sticking it in an external enclosure :emotion-5:

1 Message

September 3rd, 2013 14:00

I'm in the same boat and it is sinking fast without sound.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 17:00

Hi Ginar,

This is more a technical than a nautical forum. :emotion-1:

Can you start by telling me the model of your Dell desktop and operating system? Did your sound problem just happen?

No Events found!