Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2016 08:00

new hd for dell optiplex 7010

had to buy a new hd for my dell optiplex 7010

service tag 8HC3QW1.

looks like it has on oem version of windows 7 pro on old hd.

00371-OEM- 899.......

it boots up but blue screens in about 5 mins.

will i be able to download windows 7 and enter this key number for windows 7 ?

will be used on the same computer.

any info appreciated.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 8th, 2016 09:00

That product ID is for Dell Windows 7 Professional using OEM System Locked Preinstallation. It is not a Product Key. See here for more details:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-7-sp1-iso-download/ 

Note you can also clean install Windows 10 RS1 and activate with your Windows 7 pro OEM Product key but that key should be printed separately on the systems affixed COA:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/  

31 Posts

August 8th, 2016 11:00

without the use of any links,

how would u get windows 7 or vista on this new hd ?

thx

31 Posts

August 8th, 2016 14:00

i meant could u tell me how u would do it without sending me to a link which contained a dozen more links.  lol  i think im gonna try a hd clone copy kit.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 8th, 2016 16:00

I would use the Dell Windows 7 Reinstallation .iso that I have, I would make a Bootable USB setup using the GPT partition scheme for the UEFI BIOS. I would Enable UEFI with Legacy ROMs and SecureBoot Disabled in the UEFI BIOS Setup. I would then insert the Bootable USB and Boot from it to begin the Windows 7 64 Bit SP1 Clean Install and Ensure that Windows 7 SP1 is activated with Dell OEM System Locked Preinstallation. I would then use the WSUS Offline Update to patch Windows 7 SP1 Fully. Finally I would install the Dell System Drivers in the correct order.

If you don't understand anything that I wrote then you should go to the links where I explain everything in much more detail...

31 Posts

August 9th, 2016 12:00

ill give it a shot.

thx

No Events found!