Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 3rd, 2013 12:00

older printer and monitor will hook up with W-7?

I have a 4400 Dimension, 11 yrs old, has been a terrific computer, still runs well, but want more memory and larger hard drive. Am looking at Inspiron 660s. Would I be able to hook up my printer (5 yrs old HP), monitor ICpower (5yrs old) and speakers that came with the 4400, to the new computer? I don't know where to ask this.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 12:00

Older printers especially will likely NOT HAVE ANY Drivers for Windows 7 and therefore will not work.

Older monitors that are Analog may also have issues.

Since Neither product is a Dell Product there wouldn't be support here for those items.

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2013 16:00

Thank you, wish it had been yes!!! lol! I do have the installation discs that came with the printer and monitor, does that make a difference? I am on the low low level of computer knowledge! Thanks

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 18:00

Check the HP web site for drivers for your printer model. You might luck out and find a driver for your model that works with Win 7. :emotion-55:

The basic Inspiron 660s has integrated graphics and a VGA port built in so if your monitor connects via VGA now, it should work with the the 660s too.

If you choose an upgraded 660s system with an optional add-in video card, just make sure the add-in card you pick has a VGA port or a DVI-i port. An inexpensive adaptor will allow you to connect a VGA monitor to a DVI-i port (but not to a DVI-d port).

Happy shopping!

No Events found!