Highlighted
bryguy21
1 Nickel

optiplex 990 MT video card recommendations for ultrasharp U2415.

Hi all,

I received a new ultrasharp U2415 monitor and have an older optiplex 990 mid tower. The current card is just DVI.T Well there is no DVI port on the U2415. I would prefer getting the best display quality possible out of the monitor. I assume this would mean using a videocard that has a DisplayPort.  

I want to run dual monitor. My main would be the U2415 and secondary an older sony monitor that is VGA only. I need to get a new video card that has a displayport for the U2415 and I assume if the card also has DVI I can just run that to my older monitor with an adaptor. Any video card suggestions? No gaming I just do some programming and web work (photoshop, fireworks etc). I would like to get the best color and sharpness out of the new monitor which is really nice. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: optiplex 990 MT video card recommendations for ultrasharp U2415.

The limiting factor here is the 250w power supply. You need to go to newegg and look for PCIe x16 video cards that work with a 250w power supply. Here is a Dell validated video card for that model that have DP out =
6XMMP AMD Radeon HD6450, 1GB, DP out/DVI-I out (Use a DVI to VGA adapter to VGA to VGA cable)

0 Kudos