Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2016 11:00

optiplex wont display

can someone please help my dell optiplex 755 wont display anything on the moniter also the aux_led is orange every thing seems fine fan work stuff turn on exept monitor please help and thank u in advance

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

June 24th, 2016 21:00

The orange LED on motherboard is normal.

What color is the power button and is it steady or blinking?

Have you checked the pattern of the 4 diagnostic LEDs on the front panel. If any of them are still on after the PC boots, look up the error code in the manual, page 66.

Have you checked the connection between PC and monitor at both ends? Can you test this monitor and video cable on a different PC, or a different monitor and cable on this PC?

June 25th, 2016 07:00

every thing is fine with the computor except i just found out i cant turn it off without unplugging it and the monitors fineacept it wont display anything when the computor turns on

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

June 25th, 2016 12:00

If memory is bad it will not display anything.  The diagnostic LED's will also 1 3  display ram as bad.  If processor is bad the power button will be solid amber.

June 26th, 2016 17:00

any tips on how to improve the memory and also a way to fix the computer not shutting off unless i unplug it

June 26th, 2016 17:00

any tips on how to improve the memory and also a way to fix the computer not shutting off unless i unplug it?

No Events found!