Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 5th, 2012 19:00

ordered xps 8300 i7, 12 mb ram

I ordered this pc on the first of February. It stayed in processing until Friday when I finally called to see what was the hold up on the approval for payment since it was already taken off of my debit card. Come to find out, it was on hold because the card I used was in my husbands name and the order in my name so long story short they just had to verify information to release the hold on it. It was released almost immediately and went straight into production which is where it still is. My question is there a backorder on this product? I got it just in time before the signature sales event ended. I did pay for next day business delivery so I know I'll get it fast as soon as it ships. Does anyone happen to know how long it could stay in production as I need this pc for work and my old one has died since I placed this order. Luckily my daughter has an old laptop and my dad has been letting me use his pc at his house.. lol.. Just wondering if someone can help with a timeframe for this pc before it ships out? Thanks in advance!

445 Posts

February 5th, 2012 21:00

That all depends on what the configuration was. My understanding is that some hard drives are in short supply because of all the weather related problems they had in the far east, which could slow things down. When I ordered my desk top computer a couple years ago it was held up for a week because of the graphics card I ordered with it. Yet I ordered a hi end laptop last year and it was shipped the next day and was delivered the following day. So I guess you can only hope that all the hardware you ordered on the computer is in stock.

February 6th, 2012 00:00

Nice catch

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 6th, 2012 03:00

We are primarily users helping users on here with hardware problems.  This is not a way to contact Dell or Dell sales.  We do not have any access to production information or schedules.  As noted there have been production delays due to limited availability of hard drives.  Some, according to posts on this forum, are opting for solid state drives to eliminate the delays.  

No Events found!