Highlighted
compworks
1 Nickel

overheated burned smell, no power at all

I have a D600 that won't power up. It does nothing at all, no lights no nothing, even when I plug it in no lights or anything. I sniffed inside of the fan area and  it smells like somthing burned. I took the laptop apart to see if anything looked burned but everything looks fine. Is there a way to test the motherboard, could it be burned out? Or maybe the power supply, which i cannot identify. Any help or suggestions would be nice!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7 Plutonium

Re: overheated burned smell, no power at all

compworks

A better place to post this in, would be the Laptop forum HERE, this forum is for desktop systems.

Bev.

 


If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos