Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2012 11:00

problem installing driver for bluetooth

where do i get a driver for bluetooth peripheral device i tried downloading a driver from a link i got from dell i managed to unzip the file but having problems installing the driver

1 Attachment

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 11th, 2012 13:00

Then don't install it. You already have the latest version. What you are trying to install is Intel software not a driver for a specific device. Explain what device needs a driver and mention your model computer and operating system. Someone might be able to help.

54 Posts

November 14th, 2012 06:00

when i go onto the devices page on my dell laptop and right click on the troubleshoot link and says there is a problem with the bluetooth server. reinstalling the driver might fix this problem so i click on apply fix i get the following message

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 15th, 2012 05:00

Hi edd91,

The system has downloaded ‘Intel PROSet wireless Bluetooth software’ driver from Windows update. I‘d suggest that you uninstall the ‘Intel PROSet wireless Bluetooth software’ from ‘Programs and Feature’ and then try installing the software.

Please let  me know if this helps.

54 Posts

November 18th, 2012 06:00

i have tried to uninstall the software as instructed and i get the following message

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 20th, 2012 06:00

Hi edd91,

I‘d suggest that you uninstall  the 'Intel PROset/wireless software' using the Revo uninstaller on your computer and check for the resolution.

Please download and install ‘Revo uninstaller’ from the link below, use ‘Revo uninstaller’ to uninstall the 'Intel PROset/wireless software' from the computer.

http://c464521.r21.cf0.rackcdn.com/RevoUninProSetup.exe

Please let me know if this helps.

54 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 07:00

hi ravi ch

i have managed to uninstall the software still can't install the driver i get the following message 

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2012 11:00

Hi edd91,

I would require the service tag of the computer and the operating system installed to help you with specific wireless card and Bluetooth cards driver download and installation.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

54 Posts

November 24th, 2012 17:00

hi ravi ch

i cant see your freind's request

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 26th, 2012 04:00

Hi edd91,

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name 'DELL-Ravi Ch’ highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

54 Posts

November 27th, 2012 04:00

hi ravi ch

did you get the message that i sent to you yesterday

1 Message

December 31st, 2012 04:00

Hi ravi,

I have a same problem w edd91. How can I fix this problem?

No Events found!