konvikt
1 Copper

processor upgrade?

i have a dell dimension c521, amd athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 ghz  am2 socket 940 pin currently and im looking to upgrade here.  i was told that this processor in this link here http://www.buy.com/prod/amd-athlon-64-x2-5600-brisbane-2-9ghz-2-x-512kb-l2-cache-socketam2-65w/q/loc/111/218192871.html    would work for my computer but some say it wont. so i wanted to see what other people thought, will this processor work with my tower also with it having the fan/heatsink will it still fit inside of the computer with out leaving the case off the side.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
konvikt
1 Copper

Re: processor upgrade?

any help?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

konvikt

It's an 'iffy' proposition if the Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Brisbane will work in the C521.

Read the discussion HERE

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos
konvikt
1 Copper

well what would you recommend i have all stock parts in the c521 besides graphic card  that is a radeon 5570 low profile and will be switching the ram to 2 gb  and would like to buy the new processor to have a decent gaming computer but the processor is what im not sure about due to worried over the PSU if i will go the limit or not

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

konvikt

Athlon 64X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.0Ghz 89W Windsor processor is the largest.      

Prior to installing processor, check that there is BIOS version 1.0.3, or higher installed, when support for faster processors was added.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

0 Kudos
konvikt
1 Copper

well im not looking for the biggest processor, im going to go with the 5600+ but  i need to no if i should go with the brisbane or windsor. if i do go with the windsor will i have to worry about computer over heating due to me having the radeon 5570 card?

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Osmium

I doubt the 5570 will generate much heat, as it's an efficient GPU.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

well im not looking for the biggest processor, im going to go with the 5600+ but  i need to no if i should go with the brisbane or windsor. if i do go with the windsor will i have to worry about computer over heating due to me having the radeon 5570 card?

konvikt

Go with the Windsor.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

0 Kudos