Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Q

October 20th, 2008 17:00

q6600 software to control cores/fan speed etc etc - power saving -

As the title suggests, is there any kind of software designed for the q6600 processor which allows you the control the cores, fan speed etc of my xps 420.

My pc probably only rests for around 4 hours a day & i'd like it to use less energy when it's doing small tasks (as opposed to "sleeping" the computer ).

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

QuadSquad,

Controlling the cores and fan speeds? I do not know of any software to do this. All the software I use just shows you the temps.

RealTemp 2.70
Core Temp0.99.3
SpeedFan 4.35

16 Posts

QuadSquad, Controlling the cores and fan speeds? I do not know of any software to do this. All the software I use just shows you the temps. RealTemp 2.70 Core Temp0.99.3 SpeedFan 4.35

thanks for those links, i'll have a peeky.

Ahh, i remember an old centrino laptop of mine, had a piece of software (forgot what is was called), but you could play around with the processor settings and instructions to achieve better battery life?, change multipliers etc so i assumed there would be a program of some sort that can actually reduce power consumption when idleing etc.

Not to worry :)

14.4K Posts

October 20th, 2008 19:00

The only thing that would be close would be C1E and or speedstep settings in the bios. These will throttle down the processore when it is not in demand mode.

Other than that there is virtually nothing that will do what you are requesting

No Events found!