plavnostruev
1 Copper

Re: quadro nvs 295 crash on windows 7 64bit

Same exact problem here!

I have DELL T3500, Quadro NVS 295 card and two ASUS UW224U monitors.

I run Windows XP and everything was fine.

I then upgraded to 12gig memory and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

As I mentioned, I experience same exact problem, sometimes once in 3 days, sometimes several times a day.

Video Bios 62.98.56.00.11

Michael 

0 Kudos
lantram
1 Copper

It's very disappointing, because there is some sort of issue here. Has to be a flaw in the driver (no matter how updated as of the moment), or the bios that does a bit of communication, or the hardware doing the grunt work and feeding stuff back. The solution I originally pointed out, which Dell Support essentally walked me through, does minimize the issue, but only kinda, only a bit. It changes it. The ziggy screen doesn't happen now. I get more of a black screen painted with artificats. Well, the hardware didn't change, so what did? The driver software. So tell me where the problem is. And there's no way to 100% resolve the issue, without replacing the card -- which is dual HDMI, and quite expensive in the entire scheme of things. So very disappointing.

0 Kudos
plavnostruev
1 Copper

>So tell me where the problem is.

In my case, hardware did not change, so I blame small software company out of Redmont, WA.

First, file permissioning went nuts after Windows 7 upgrade - Microsoft does not consider it a bug.

And now this video issue.

More things change, more they stay the same.

0 Kudos
debgar
1 Copper

It is interesting that I did not have the problem until several months after I bought the machine, so I suspect it was one of the automatic Windows updates  I don't know enough to figure this out, but I wish I had done a system restore when it first happened, but I am sure that restore point is long gone.

0 Kudos
lantram
1 Copper

Ditto. It was after some sort of automatic update that the problem started for me as well. That's why I briefly mentioned it. In any case, no matter who caused it or where the root of it is, it is apparent I'm not alone, and there's a very nice expensive computer sitting here, with a relatively expensive dual hdmi video card stuck in it, that has the world DELL on the front - that isn't working properly.

0 Kudos
kkung
1 Copper

i have the same issue. anybody there have a fix that works? 

0 Kudos
plavnostruev
1 Copper

I hung for 30 minutes with Dell techie who suggested to upgrade bios to A14 on my Dell T3500 and then to

re-install video driver, which I did. To no avail.

Here is one solution I am strongly considering :

www.tigerdirect.com/.../item-details.asp

Michael

0 Kudos
lantram
1 Copper

Dell is sending a new video card to me, supposed to arrive tomorrow via FedEx, to solve the issue. The link from Michael above looks enticing. I'd try it given no other choice, but I'll try the replacement first.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
plavnostruev
1 Copper

They are doing the same for me, sending in another card. I asked which one... its the same exact

nvidia quadro NVS 295, so I am very optimistic... not.

0 Kudos
lantram
1 Copper

I got the replacement card today. Problem is, it's worse than the one I have now. It totally illustrates all of the stuff everyone has been talking about. I'll have to take a video of it or something. After 6 attempts to cold boot into Windows, I had to pull it out, and the fins were HOT to the touch. I put the old one back in, which I'm using now and runs ice cold.

0 Kudos