Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2017 21:00

"Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility"

It started when I was playing Overwatch then for some reason the screen completely froze. I wait for around a minute and then when I held down the power button to turn it off, a second before it turned off it showed blue screen saying error occured. Since that time my Pc have been running diagnostic, scanning,repairing but it always ended up in some extremely long black screen thats lasts hours so I turn it off. Then the next day when I turn on my pc it says "No bootable device" and under it "Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility." I tried clicking F1 and it doesn't work, I get lead back to the same screen. I read somewhere to try doing ALT+TAB with E,F,B with Num Lock, Cap Lock, and Scroll Lock on but I just get a black screen.

My PC is Alienware x51 R2. I've had it for around 4 years now and all the specs of the PC is default. I am running Windows 10.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 26th, 2017 04:00

Replace the hard drive - it has failed.

2 Posts

September 26th, 2017 23:00

After putting up this post I found out about ePSA and after running diagnosis it also said something was wrong with my hard drive. I bought a new one and ran the test again and the hard drive is all good now but I still have the "strike F1" problem.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 28th, 2017 05:00

The new hard drive is blank - you must install Windows onto it.

No Events found!