Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2017 18:00

recovery

I have a Dell Dimension E520 that a friend gave me. He had some problem and tried to go to a restore point but there were none. He attempted a reset and in the process of that, the PC will not boot. I have downloaded a repair disk for error 0xc0000221 but I cannot get the PC to read the drive. When I try to boot from the CD/DVD drive nothing. All I am able to get is a blue screen with RECOVERY at the top, a message that the PC needs to be repaired the above error code.  I have even tried to load Windows 7 but when I try to boot from the CD drive I get Floppy drive seek failure.  from F8 I can pull up Startup Settings but not will open it reverts me back to the Recovery screen. HELP!

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 30th, 2017 10:00

There isn't any soft fix for physically bad hard drive.  If its a CD and not a DVD this is why its not booting.

File: \windows\System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

Your DVD may need region code to be set to 1 and or firmware updated on it before it will boot win7 or 8 or 10 DVD.

E520 is 2003 WIN98SE XP era machine.

Advanced Format Drives Require F6 AHCI drivers or windows 7 and up wont install.  The other error is "A media driver your computer needs is missing" or "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" error message when you install Windows

No Events found!