Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2009 12:00

recycle bin

when I go into the recycle bin to look at the deleted files there isn't anything.  everything is getting deleted before going into the bin.  I looked at properties on the recycle bin and where the is option to have  deleted files not go to recycle bin and delete right away.  there is no check mark there to have it done . what I want to know is how do I get it back to see the deleted files in the recycle bin just in case I wanted to restore it again?  Hope someone can help me and explain in exact details as I am not very computer smart . thank you

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 21st, 2009 12:00

Recheck the settings of the Global recycle bin and make sure the setting for Maximum Size allowed is not set to 0%. Holding down the shift key when you delete something also bypasses the bin.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 21st, 2009 16:00

Check your antiviral software, your anti-spyware software, firewall software,  etc to see if any of them has an option set to empty the recycle bin on shutdown.

If all else fails, and this is Windows XP, go here to line 64 -righthand column and click the link.  Copy the text exactly, including all blank lines into a Notepad file. Save the file as recycle.reg.  Close all open apps and windows. Then double-click on recycle.reg and accept the offer to modify the Registry. Reboot when it's done.

Ron

No Events found!