shrimphoop
1 Copper

(redirected) Alienware X51 No response after failed BIOS update

So for the past few months I have had difficulties with my computer. I had not made any changes to the hardware. Over time the frame rate of games that once ran fine started getting slower. The game would lag. 

Then it started getting even worse. The worse performance was bearable, but when the computer started freezing and crashing, the computer became a pain to deal with. This month it got to the point where it would take me an hour or two to start playing. I had to keep restarting until the computer didn't crash or freeze. I looked up reasons why my computer was having these problems. So I started cleaning out my computer, etc.

Today I tried to update my BIOS using the updates provided by Dell. And during the update, my computer froze (as it usually does these days and I turned it off). When I tried to turn it back on, the light on the power button was on, but the LED lights on the side did not work. The computer itself turns on since there are start up sounds coming from the computer. But there is no response or signal from my computer to the monitor (which has had no problems up to this point). I tried the power drain method and other methods commonly suggested. Is there any way to fix this? If this computer only lasts me 2 years, I'd be very disappointed.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7 Plutonium

moved it

Best to this post in the Alienware Owners Club Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/default.aspx

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos