Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 7th, 2015 12:00

repairs

The hard drive of my computer has been changed twice already, then when the system failed to boot again, a supervisor determined that the problem was with the motherboard, which was changed on June 26, and a week later my computer either failed again to boot or started and minutes later froze, showed a blue screen or a scrambled screen or a variety of error messages.

This situation has been going on since November last year, it is not only absolutely frustrating, but simply unacceptable as you can well imagine, since I am unable to perform professional duties due to its erratic performance. It is a major disruption on many levels that I am not willing to bear any longer. Either you solve this problem once and for all or I will have to demand restitution or a new computer.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

July 8th, 2015 13:00

The forum is not dell support.  And Depending on which country you are in this may not be helpful in any way.  You can't buy a car and use it for a year and then demand a full refund either.  This is the case with most durable goods.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 8th, 2015 13:00

This is a user-to-user forum and not a way to contact Dell's Tech Support.

And without knowing exactly what PC model and version of Windows you're using, or exactly what the BSOD said, other users can't even start trying to help you.

If warranty tech support isn't meeting your expectations, you can post a comment on Dell's (non-technical) Customer Care forum where a Dell liaison (Dell employee) is more likely to see it.

5 Posts

July 8th, 2015 15:00

It's an Inspiron One. I just wanted to let people know how Dell handles this problem and doesn't solve it. Technicians came home just to replace parts and reinstall the system, but noe of them did an in-depth assessment of the problem or test the circuits.

5 Posts

July 8th, 2015 15:00

Sorry for the inconvenience, but as you may be well aware there is absolutely no place where you can contact the company directly in writing and have a reply in writing.

My computer is about five years old but as I explained in my message it is a succession of failures which no technician who came home has been able to solvel, and tech support over the phone, although very attentive, did not either and was unable to provide an explanation.  I have an older Dell laptop which so far works without a glitch.

No Events found!