Highlighted
Computer-Geek
2 Bronze

transferring the Mo-Bo, HDD from Dell Demension 2400 to new Ultra X-Blaster Tower Case.

Make / Model:  Dell Demension 2400
Date Purchased:  bought in Oct 2003.

Processor:  Pentium 4 Processor
O/S:        Windows XP Home.

I Bought a New ATX Mid Tower Case (Mid Tower Case by Ultra X-Blaster Mid -

Tower
for $30.00) It has 3 x 5.25 bays and the complete spects can be found on

Google. 

ULTRA X-Blaster Pro U12-42350 Mid-Tower Case
Accommodate lots of system hardware without worries using the ULTRA

X-Blaster Pro U12-42350 Mid-Tower Case. This mid tower case is perfect to

use for your ATX or Micro ATX motherboards and is easy-to-manage with its

convenient tool-less design.

and was thinking about transferring the Mo-Bo, HDD, and every thing Else
over to the New Case.

It the Mobo on the  Dell Demension 2400, a standard ATX Mo-Bo ?
or is it a Propriatory Mo-Bo "Foot Print".

I heard that a lot of parts on the Dells are Propriatory.

what types of issues could I encounter?

emoticon.Cool.title

Spence T.

AKA Computer Geek

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Computer-Geek
2 Bronze

Re: transferring the Mo-Bo, HDD from Dell Demension 2400 to new Ultra X-Blaster Tower Case.

should read:

IS the Mo-bo on the  Dell Demension 2400, a standard ATX Mo-Bo ?

Spence T.

AKA Computer Geek

0 Kudos

Re: transferring the Mo-Bo, HDD from Dell Demension 2400 to new Ultra X-Blaster Tower Case.

Hi Spence T,

Yes, the motherboard on Dimension 2400 is a standard ATX Motherboard and should fit in an ATX cabinet.

Note : Dell has not tested the system board on third party chassis. You may try it at your own discretion. 

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Sundeep B
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

0 Kudos
RoHe
6 Indium

Connector wiring between front panel and motherboard may be custom design on the Dell system.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
Computer-Geek
2 Bronze

Thanks for the Feed Back-

Spence T.

AKA Computer Geek

0 Kudos

Hi,

@RoHe

Thank you for the valuable input; appreciate it.

@Spence T

I am glad you found the information helpful.

Feel free to reach us if you need any further assistance. We would be happy to help you.

Thanks & Regards,
Sundeep B
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Rhenium

should read:

IS the Mo-bo on the  Dell Demension 2400, a standard ATX Mo-Bo ?

It's micro-ATX with a SoundBlaster-type front audio port, but it uses a proprietary heatsink and shroud that relies on the chassis fan for airflow, and I can't think of a replacement offhand.

I believe Foxconn offered a regular-type cooling solution for Dells of this sort, but I don't know if it fits the 2400.

0 Kudos
Computer-Geek
2 Bronze

Thanks for the Info,

I have a Dell Demision 2400 with a Broken case ,  but still works.  Case is held together with Tape.

Spence T.

AKA Computer Geek

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Rhenium

I suggest a new case from eBay if you insist on keeping this veteran in service. However, a reconditioned OptiPlex GX620 might be a better investment.

0 Kudos