Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2009 07:00

unable to install video driver

Card, Graphics, 256, 6800 UHMGA11-B  .I formated drive and downloaded the latest Nvidia driverR91822.exe but when I try to extract the driver I get the message that this driver is part of a 10 disk set.  please insert disk 10.  Since I have no disks, what do I do?

1.7K Posts

April 29th, 2009 08:00

You should download the driver from Nvidia's website HERE for the Geforce 6 series and your operating system. 

54 Posts

April 29th, 2009 09:00

I went to the Nvidia site but a search only reveiled a  driver utility for the geforce 6 series dated Feb 09.  Since my computer was just formated don"t I need to start with a Legacy driver from dell?  I do see 2 recomended drivers from dell.  To get started since the second dell recomended driver was looking for a DISK to unzip Do I need to download the first recommended driver then progress by date?  I installed the driver utility first then chipset but I can not find the Driver utility startup?

I guess I am a bit lost.  Can you help?

1.7K Posts

April 29th, 2009 10:00

HERE are the steps you should follow when reinstalling the operating system.

54 Posts

April 29th, 2009 13:00

already past that point.  All partitions excpt NFtS gone.  Windows XP pro up and runn ing.  Installing drivers now in order dell says.  third driver is video.  Driver download wants another disk (disk 10).  I have no disks.  I need disk 10 is probably a utility.  Where do I find correct utility. This is a install from scratch.  No backups, no partitions, no diagnostice.  Dellinstall guide is not applicable.

54 Posts

April 30th, 2009 08:00

bump

1.7K Posts

April 30th, 2009 09:00

The link I sent to you is a complete manual install from scratch with links to get the necessary software and drivers by inputting your system information.  I guess I am not sure at what point you are.  If all you need to do is install the video driver, then you should be able to get it from the Nvidia site.  When I go there, it brings up driver version 182.50 for the 6 series and windows XP.  What Dell model do you have?

54 Posts

May 5th, 2009 11:00

i finally got the right driver from dell.  It works so at this point since I don't play games I won't at this time put in the driver from NVidia.  Thanks for your help.

Now on to other drivers :emotion-3: like modem and audio.

No Events found!