Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2011 06:00

update not downloading

I have a Dell 540s. I have run into a problem with an update not downloading. The error code says to uninstall my office windows 2007. I bought a office windows 2007  good for 3 computers.  If I uninstall it I have no more download because I have 3 computers. What I need to know is if I uninstall it off this computer will I be able to reinstall it back to this computer. How does that work? Any help will be appriciated.

14.4K Posts

August 13th, 2011 06:00

Yes you can uninstall it an reinstall it on the same computer. The question is do you have the reinstall disk? If you do not have the disk DO NOT uninstall it .

What is this update? is it a microsoft  update?

141 Posts

August 13th, 2011 07:00

yes I bought it with the disc. It is the update with Net Framework 4 (KB2539636). Microsoft told me to uninstall the office 2007. It show error 643. I am going to try and uninstall the program and see if it fixes it. Thank you for replying.

3 Posts

August 15th, 2011 08:00

I had the same problem this past week witth KB2539636 not installing. I called Microsoft and was able to speak to a tech (free of charge).The tech downloaded and installed a hotfix and then a "patch" which was successfull. The assistance they gave was very professional, however, it took a little more than two hours on the phone to complete the new installs. Suggest you try calling Microsoft at 1800 microsoft. Follow the prompts and ignore their suggestion to go to a web site. Wait for a prompt to speak to a Technician.

No Events found!