Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2015 17:00

what does POST error code 0xC3 indicate?

My Inspiron 3646 occasionally shows, very briefly, the POST error code 0xC3. Wondering what this indicates? ePSA shows no problems.

780 Posts

July 3rd, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Does it show the error message on the startup "Dell" logo or while loading the OS?

Do you get any  blue screen errors when this message is displayed?

Thank you

July 3rd, 2015 17:00

The error message pops up on a black screen for an instant then disappears. After that the 'Dell" logo appears and all is well. The error message only occasionally appears. I do run ePSA every day and all is well. Thanks for your help.

John

780 Posts

July 4th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Do you have any virtual machines setup on this PC?

when did you first notice the error msg? Is there any issues that you're facing since this message started popping up?

thank you

July 4th, 2015 10:00

I have no virtual machine setup.

This PC is less than a year old. Stll running it as delivered.

I have installed the latest BIOS A07. ePSA still shows 'no problems.'

This error messages started about a month ago. The PC boots up normally even after the very brief errror message and there is no issues.

780 Posts

July 7th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

What model PC is this? 

If the PC has 2 or more memory modules, Is it possible to start the machine with one memory at a time to check if you get the error msg?

Thank you

July 8th, 2015 09:00

The model number is Inspiron 3646. I don't know if there is 2 memory modules but running the extended memory ePSA test found no problems. I am still under warranty so I don't want to open the PC case. Thanks for your suggestions.

780 Posts

July 9th, 2015 15:00

Hi,

Please send a private message with the computer's service tag.

To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation.

Thank you

July 12th, 2015 09:00

Thank you for offering to help. I managed to arrange for tech support. They offered to do a remote diagnostics and to replace any failing device if detected.

Thanks again.

No Events found!