Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

May 21st, 2015 19:00

win 7 ultimate installer can't see my hard disk partitions

I just got my new Precision 7910, and I had a problem when trying to install new windows 7 ultimate to drive C using the bootable windows 7 Ultimate Boot DVD, it would never see my hard disk partitions,

and i switched the SATA controller mode from AHCI to ATA and i tried again to boot and install the win 7 ultimate but it would never see my hard disk partitions too,

is there a solution to let the win 7 ultimate see my hard drive partitions to install it ?

thanks,

Bisso.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 22nd, 2015 00:00

Hi Bisso,

Your system may be configured with RAID. Please private message us the system service tag so that I could check the system configuration and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 22nd, 2015 00:00

You will likely need to download and prepare SATA drivers so you can load them during the Windows setup so Windows can address the storage controller:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/downloading-preparing-and-loading-sata-drivers/

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2015 11:00

Are your drives connected to a storage card or directly to the motherboard? If they are connected to a card you will need drivers for that card, and depending on the controller you may also need to make sure RAID is configured/initialized. If they are connected to the motherboard, you need the chipset drivers loaded. You should leave SATA in AHCI mode.

No Events found!