Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2016 19:00

windows 19 upgrade locked me out

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 560 i bought on 06/10/2011, I upgraded to windows 10 using free upgrade download, I am and have been locked out of windows because it asks me for sign in password. i tried the password i used for years and it says password wrong, it gives me a password hint that has nothing to do with old password, it says i can insert password reset dick which i don't have. my service tag is [Admin NOTE: Service tag removed per TOU policy] please help i have been without my computer for sometime now

331 Posts

May 29th, 2016 11:00

Hi merlin10,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Please make sure that the caps lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive and try again. If you have used the Microsoft account to sign in you might need to reset it. Refer to this link http://bit.ly/1bSgfS2 to reset. Let us know if it is a local user account. I’ve sent you a friend request. Accept the same, then click on my name and you can send a private conversation. Please provide us with the service tag of the system through a private conversation.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

10 Posts

May 29th, 2016 14:00

hi, its not the caplocks,. I use the same Microsoft account on more than 1 computer, others  are fine,  the password it is asking for is a sign in window which comes up after the dell logo . I will send service tag on friend page

No Events found!