Highlighted
joekrat
1 Copper

xps200 no power

xps 200 unit went dead. Had a blue screen message,but unable to do anything before unit stopped. Followed all the steps in the user manual that I thought might solve the problem.Can"t start. No response from the start button. Any suggestions

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: xps200 no power

Hello Joekrat,

Please help me understand the following details: 

• What is the status of the power LED? 
  • Since when are you facing the issue?
  • Were there any recent hardware or software changes made on the computer?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried? 
  • When you say that you have tried the steps in the user manual, you mean the steps mentioned under Power Problems? 

If not, please try the suggestions mentioned under the topic Power Problems from the Service Manual: http://bit.ly/181iSDt. You can find the topic Power Problems under Solving Problems. 

Please write back with your findings. 

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

0 Kudos
8 Platinum

RE: xps200 no power

xps 200 unit went dead. Had a blue screen message,but unable to do anything before unit stopped. Followed all the steps in the user manual that I thought might solve the problem.Can"t start. No response from the start button. Any suggestions

Thanks

joekrat
Does either of the power supply or case fans run, when the system is started?

Is the power button LED, solid green, blinking green, solid amber, or blinking amber?

Check the sequence of four diagnostic lights on the front panel

The following is the XPS200 owners Manual and Troubleshooter/Diagnostic guide.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_xps_desktop/xps-200_Owner's%20Manual_e...

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos