Highlighted
jpa studio
Copper

2350 bios A02

I have a 2350, tried to upgrade bois to A02 did not work. I went ahead and downloaded the windows update for XP Pro which installed fine. I then tried the floppy again with the bois upgrade this time it seemed to work when I rebooted the machine it never came back on.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PETER345
Diamond

Re: 2350 bios A02

Resetting the CMOS is about the only thing to try after the machine is dead following a BIOS flash.

By never came on, does that mean no lights? Or is the power indicator on? color? blinking? Any diagnostic lights?

Peter
0 Kudos
jpa studio
Copper

Peter,

The lights come on and I can hear the fan running but I do not get a bois start up screen nor do I hear the hard drive spinning.

Ron

0 Kudos
PETER345
Diamond

What lights come on? What color is the power indicator? Is it blinking? Are the diagnostic (A-B-C-D on the back) on?

Peter
0 Kudos
jpastudio
Bronze

Peter, The power light is green and stays on The computer is in a BIOS failure recovery mode. A B C      yellowD             green What now Ron
0 Kudos
jpastudio
Bronze

Peter, The power light is green and stays on The computer is in a BIOS failure recovery mode. A B C      yellowD             green What now Ron 
0 Kudos
PETER345
Diamond

This is what the manual says:

Another type of failure has occurred.

Check the computer message that appears on your monitor screen.

I would try disconnecting all cards and see if that helps.

Otherwise you might have a motherboard problem.

Peter

0 Kudos
PETER345
Diamond

Did you ever reset the CMOS?
0 Kudos
jpastudio
Bronze

Peter,What I sent the other day was what I read from the Dell web site. I do not get any image on my monitor. I have no cards in this unit and I have tried to reset the CMOS. I had heard that their was a way to load a file on a floppy and try to start the machine that it was a bois file but one that would recreate  the bois on the motherboard board. Any ideas?Ron
0 Kudos
PETER345
Diamond

Yes, you can reload the BIOS from a floppy, but your machine has to boot first!  So, there is the catch 22!

Peter
0 Kudos