Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2010 20:00

4 beeping sounds from my computer

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 and it was working fine yesterday. This morning, I tried to turn on my computer but the monitor stayed black, and the computer started to give out 4 short beeps. I've looked up what it might be and I found out that it could be a RAM problem or something, but I dont know how to to fix this. Can anyone give me a detailed walkthrough to fix it?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 1st, 2010 07:00

BoredCrazy

Please read the instructions for installing the memory modules, I gave the link to, in my first post.

Fully open the securing clips, align the notch on the bottom of the module with the crossbar in the connector, place several fingers on top of the module and firmly push the module down into the slot, until the module snaps into position.

If the module is inserted correctly, the securing clips will snap into the cutouts at each end of the module.

Bev.

6 Posts

It is a Steady Blue

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

BoredCrazy

Try opening the Inspiron 530 case, remove and reinstall all memory modules and see if this makes a difference.

The directions for removing and reinstalling the memory, is HERE 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Also, check the power button LED, is it Steady Blue, Blinking Blue, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber?

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 31st, 2010 21:00

BoredCrazy

A Steady Blue is a normal reading.

You need to try removing and reinstalling the memory modules and report back.

Bev,

6 Posts

February 1st, 2010 01:00

I took out the memory modules, but when I try to put them back, the securing clips are in the way. I tried putting firm pressure on the top sides of the cards into the slot, but the bottom of the clips blocks the way when the top of the clips are facing away from the slot . Im afraid that if i push too hard, the cards will break. How do I put them back in when the clips are blocking the slot. I did try moving the clips into the original position, freeing the space the bottom of the clip took but now the top of the clip blocks the card.

6 Posts

February 1st, 2010 16:00

Ok, my computer works now, thanks!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 1st, 2010 20:00

BoredCrazy

You are welcome, and I'm happy to hear that the problem resolved.

Bev.

13 Posts

March 16th, 2013 18:00

I have the same problem with my inspiron 580 it beeps 4 times continusly. the state of the power button id blinking amber. i reinstalled the ram over and over again. still doesnt start.

PLEASE HELP

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 16th, 2013 20:00

I have the same problem with my inspiron 580 it beeps 4 times continusly. the state of the power button id blinking amber. i reinstalled the ram over and over again. still doesnt start.

PLEASE HELP

Double-posted and answered in the other thread.

1 Message

June 22nd, 2015 16:00

Hi, same problem here but mine blinks amber!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 22nd, 2015 21:00

Hi, same problem here but mine blinks amber!

Verotaylor
Which Dell computer model, do you have?

Bev.
No Events found!