Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

February 13th, 2004 20:00

Alert! Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint [PnP1]

When I try to start my machine it doesn't boot properly. after MANY attempts it starts and i get this message in bios:

Alert! Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint [PnP1]

What should i do for starting my pc everytime without this annoying procedure?

Thanks for Help

Jefo

PS: Why is there no german board?

2 Posts

I thought my system is posted automatically...

Service Tag: F49FJ0J
Service Code: 32909440771

Dimension 8200
Bios Vers. A09
P4 2,4 GHz
256 MB RDRAM
WIN XP

i think that's all what's necessary.

28K Posts

Your system information only posts automatically if you create a signature for the forum.  Moderators may be able to get to it from your account information, but other users, like me, who answer most of the questions here, cannot access your information.

See the following documentation on your BIOS setup program to see how to clear the event log:

Steve

28K Posts

It's difficult to give a precise answer without knowing which model computer you have.  The general answer is to go into the BIOS setup program and clear the event log.

Steve

4 Posts

February 14th, 2004 06:00

I'm guessing PnP1 points to PCI Slot 1. (Plug and Play 1). Maybe the card in slot 1 is giving you problems. Hopefully it's not the video card, and you can remove the card and see if it stops the errors.

1.9K Posts

February 14th, 2004 12:00

You're correct.  It is pointing to a PCI card problem.  Pulling the card to verify the error goes away, then reseating the cards one by one should either solve the problem or point out the problem card.
No Events found!