Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2017 14:00

Alienware X51 R3 BSOD with message "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"

HI Guys. I could really use some help.

I have an X51 r3 that has been hitting me with a lot of BSOD with the message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I have tried everything but no results so far.

I have updated all the drivers needed, I have tested and reseated all the hardware, I tried swapping parts for others to test and it still gives me bsod.

I performed a memtest for around 8 passes and I always get the green sign of approval. I have stress tested the GPU and the CPU and they don’t fail. The HDD has also been checked. I also tried using the windows verifier tools for drivers but never get dmp files because they don’t show up on the system32 folder.

Funny thing is that this only happens while using Windows environment (normal boot) but I have used Ubuntu and even Windows on safemode and I never have an issue. Has anybody else encountered this?

While messing with Windows 8.1, using the troubleshooter, it mentioned something about the “mcupdate_genuineintel.dll”. I replaced it with a working one but same thing.

Please Help  

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 15th, 2017 05:00

WHEA errors are Physical hardware errors.  There are no soft fixes for HARDWARE DAMAGE.

You could try disable of advanced sleep C states in Bios.

"mcupdate_genuineintel.dll"

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID:  0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

ANALYSIS_SOURCE:  KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:0x124_genuineintel_processor_cache

Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll
    Image name: mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll

GenuineIntel.dll file errors could be related to issues in the Windows registry.  These broken registry keys can be as a result of a missing DLL file, moved DLL file, or an leftover DLL file reference in your Windows registry from an unsuccessful software installation or uninstallation. Or malware.

Run a system file checker

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Follow the steps given under the heading “Windows 8.1 or Windows 8”.

Go to the link mentioned below

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

3 Posts

November 15th, 2017 15:00

OMG SpeedStep You are the best! Disabling the C States on the bios seems to do the trick!

I have been using the computer and doing CPU intense stuff and it hasn't crashed so far!

I really appreciate your help. The world needs more people like you.

No Events found!