Highlighted
Walli
Bronze

Blue screen: Invalid_Kernel_Handle

Hi,

I have problems with my new Dimension 9200 (WindowsXPPro) showing a lot of Blue Screens with Stop Error: Invalid_Kernel_Handle.
I am not entirely sure, but as far as I can remember, this crash always happended when transfering large amount of data via network (computer is running in a little home environment, connected to a gigabit switch).
As I said, I think it always happens during tranfering data, for example for backup purpose.

I am also pretty sure, that it never crashed when transfering the same data via usb to an external usb drive.

Is there a solution for this nasty problem?

best,
Walli
P.S I didn´t change hardware so far.
0 Kudos
17 Replies
ManyDimensions
Platinum

Re: Blue screen: Invalid_Kernel_Handle

Walli wrote:
Hi,

I have problems with my new Dimension 9200 (WindowsXPPro) showing a lot of Blue Screens with Stop Error: Invalid_Kernel_Handle.
I am not entirely sure, but as far as I can remember, this crash always happended when transfering large amount of data via network (computer is running in a little home environment, connected to a gigabit switch).
As I said, I think it always happens during tranfering data, for example for backup purpose.

I am also pretty sure, that it never crashed when transfering the same data via usb to an external usb drive.

Is there a solution for this nasty problem?

best,
Walli
P.S I didn´t change hardware so far.

There are other forum members that can be of better assistance than I, but I suspect it is a time-out handler that is causing the problem. Hopefully the better educated will chime in here....
0 Kudos
TechNoob01
Bronze

walli can you please indicate the stop error number so that i now what specific error is that.. sample: stop:0x0000001E...just write down the stop number...
0 Kudos
TechNoob01
Bronze

hope this might help you..http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=183169 and last is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=137539

just try the first one.
0 Kudos
Walli
Bronze

this is my Stop Error number (hope I did count correct ;-) )

0x00000093 (0x000002F4, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000,)
0 Kudos
TechNoob01
Bronze

are you using a modem? is that a 3rd party hardware?

0 Kudos
TechNoob01
Bronze

if you're using a modem, you need to download and nstall the latest modem drivers from support.dell.com. hope that will fix the problem.
0 Kudos
Walli
Bronze

no, I am using the Gigabit Ethernet to get access to the web (via Router), I am not using a modem.
0 Kudos
TechNoob01
Bronze

if you're using an ethernet, you need to download and install the latest driver of your ethernet and that will solve the blue screen error.
0 Kudos
Walli
Bronze

hm, the device manager tells me, that the driver of my Intel(R) 82566DC GigabitNetworkconnectionis this version: 9.4.21.0

The one from dell driver site says: 9.4.17
0 Kudos