Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2013 00:00

Brand new Inspiron 660 has no power

I've had it out of the box for less than 4 hours. It was on and I clicked the Macafee icon and it immediately died and wont come back on. The power cord is secure.  I don't feel like I should be having to take apart a machine that is brand spanking new. 

1.5K Posts

October 12th, 2013 00:00

Hi Bbbccc,

I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the system:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
  • Disconnect the power cable.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.

You may try to swap the power cable of the system tower with the monitor and check if that makes any difference.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you.

2 Posts

October 12th, 2013 09:00

That didn't work. A green light on the back of the machine comes on briefly when I reconnect the power cord but the machine will not turn on. 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 12th, 2013 11:00

I've had it out of the box for less than 4 hours. It was on and I clicked the Macafee icon and it immediately died and wont come back on. The power cord is secure.  I don't feel like I should be having to take apart a machine that is brand spanking new. 

Bbbccc
First open the case and check all the power and data cables are properly connected, by removing and reseating them, in case a cable was dislodged during shipping.

No difference, as this is a brand new computer, best to contact Dell Customer Service ASAP, about the issues.

Bev. 

1.5K Posts

October 15th, 2013 05:00

Hi Bbbccc,

Please provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so I may access your records and check for further course of action.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!