Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2012 19:00

Can't connect to the internet

I've had trouble connecting to the internet on my Dell Inspiron 620 lately. I've had the computer for maybe 6 or 7 months and it just randomly started connecting and disconnecting to my wireless network around a month ago. There are two laptops in the house that have no problem connecting, so it seems like it's just my computer. It would disconnect once every 10 minutes and after troubleshooting or just waiting around for a bit, it would work again. I haven't installed anything new, ran a few anti-virus scans, reset my IP and tried just about everything I could find online but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Are you using Wired or Wireless?

We can try some steps ; have you tried updating the Lan (Wired) or Wireless Card driver? Go to www.Support.Dell.com, click drivers and downloads and enter service tag. Choose correct Operating System, then look for Network Drivers. Choose appropriate cards. Reinstall the driver and restart the computer. Observe if it works.

If no go, go to command prompt, type  ipconfig / flushdns Then see if it works.

If this is wired connection, have you tried using a different cable? Try replacing cable.

Hope this helps,

No Events found!