Highlighted
Alan24
Bronze

Computer stuck entering sleep mode

Jump to solution

Hello fellow Dell users,

I have posted on this forum before about the same issue regarding my Dell Inspiron 545 running Windows Vista 2007.  The problem is when I try to get my computer to enter sleep mode, the monitor says it enters power save mode but the computer itself is still active.  When this occurs, I cannot get the monitor to become active again and am forced to perform a manual shut down.  I downloaded a hotfix from microsoft that I thought cleared up the problem, but it began occuring with more and more frequency to the point where I cannot allow my computer to enter sleep mode at all.  I also updated the drivers for my monitor and other various things thinking that could be it, but my computer still has the same problem.  I am thoroughly stumped on this one, seeing as I can't find a single case other than my own where this is happening.  Any and all advice is greatly appreciated and I hope to hear back from someone soon.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Computer stuck entering sleep mode

Jump to solution

Hi  Alan24,

Welcome to the community,

Have you tried to update the BIOS, Video Card Driver and the Chipset Driver from the support.dell.com

Also please change the power plan to a different one, or reset the power plan settings to default.

Let me know of the findings, Glad to be of assistance.

Pankaj_Sharma

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Pankaj_Sharma

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Alan24
Bronze

Re: Computer stuck entering sleep mode

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.  I looked into it and I had neglected to update many of the drivers in my computer.  Also, the drivers that I had updated weren't installed properly, so I believe my problem is solved.  I've been able to bring it in and out of sleep mode without incident.  Thanks again for the help, and I think this case is closed.

0 Kudos