Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2010 04:00

Connecting to HDTV using HDMI

I am trying to connect my Dell XPS 8100 desktop to my Insignia NS-L42Q-10A via the HDMI port. I know the HDMI port on my TV works as I've had my Xbox 360 attached to it for a long time. Whether I start the TV up first or the computer up first it doesn't matter, all I get is a blank screen that says No Input. I can attach the TV via VGA cable and that works fine. I've been all over Google and it looks like a few people have had this problem, but so many different things worked for different people with different drivers that I don't even know where to start.

My video card is a Radeon 5770 with Catalyst Control Center.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 12th, 2010 05:00

Are you using the HDMI port on the Video card? If not, that is the problem.

881 Posts

July 12th, 2010 07:00

When a video card is installed in the XPS 8100 the onboard HDMI port is disabled. Dell is aware of this but there is no workaround. As Fireberd said you must use a port on your video card.

Jeff

2 Posts

July 12th, 2010 15:00

Wow, I have no idea how to do that. How do I access the HDMI port on the video card?

881 Posts

July 12th, 2010 17:00

If it were me I would connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the video card. I don't have that card but it looks as though it has an HDMI connection. If it dosen't you will have to get an adapter or use DVI w/sep. sound. The video will be the same HDMI/DVI.

Jeff

No Events found!