Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2014 00:00

DELL AC511 Soundbar, driver issue

At first install of AC511 soundbar, Windows has recognised the device properly as Dell soundbar and i was able to hear sound from it. but after reboot, Windows is recognising the device as USB speaker and i can't hear sound from it.

It seems like Windows is unable to locate proper driver for AC511. I also tested device at Windows 7,8,8.1 and  after reboot the same problem arise. It is recognising device as USB speaker. So i deleted device from devmgmt.msc and re-installed device many time. but problem remains. It still recognise device as USB speaker and i can't hear sound from it.

any solution for this problem? 

Thanks.

1 Message

May 5th, 2014 13:00

I'm not sure I'm reading these posts correctly, but if the soundbar is using a USB connection on the monitor, it isn't going to work unless you have another cord connected from the monitor to the computer. The monitor came with a cord that connecst the monitor to the computer in order to make the USB connections on the monitor function. Otherwise they won't work. I haven't tried this yet, but I read about it. The USB end of the cord goes to the computer and the other end goes into the USB upstream port on the monitor.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 11th, 2014 10:00

Dell NCW95  AC511 USB Soundbar has passed WHQL logo testing by Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs. For windows 7 and 8.

There is an additional cable that goes from the monitor to a usb port on the computer.  You must then turn it on and adjust volume.

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_speakers/dell-usb-soundbar-ac511_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

4 Posts

March 12th, 2014 07:00

removed

4 Posts

March 15th, 2014 01:00

Used additional cable but AC511 is still not working. Sound bar's LED is on but  i can't hear sound from it. and Windows is recognising device as "Usb Audio Device".  This is my device management Sound,Video Game & Controller section. 

as image shows, WIndows is recognising device as USB Audio Device. If i double click Dell AC511 USB SoundBar, it says "CODE45, device not connected." Do i need to send my device to DELL and take A/S?

4 Posts

May 2nd, 2014 11:00

I experienced exactly the same issue.

Not sure if this will work for you, but I simply plugged the monitor control/hub cable (AC511 is connected via a monitor hub port) into one of the the computer's USB 2.0 ports (as opposed to 3.0) and the AC511 immediately registered and started working. Interestingly enough, according to the "device properties" dialog, there are apparently no Dell drivers involved with this connection - all active drivers are identified as "Microsoft." One downside of this USB 2.0 connection method is that the monitor's management utility (now) shows an occasional warning dialog that it would work "faster" via a USB 3.0 port, but I didn't notice anything wrong performance-wise. Fortunately for most users, additional monitor adjustments - once initially set, are seldom required.

4 Posts

May 5th, 2014 15:00

To: "I'm not sure I'm reading these posts correctly..."

I don't believe you are.

The AC511 soundbar is connected (to the computer) via the monitor hub. This is verified by the fact that it's power LED is on.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 7th, 2014 10:00

The monitor hub provides power but the USB standard A to B cable must go from the monitor to the pc.

1 Message

December 11th, 2014 13:00

I am having the same problem. Did you resolve the problem?

4 Posts

December 11th, 2014 15:00

Yes, but with a catch. This isn't so much a legitimate fix but more of a work-around. First, connect the speaker to the monitor hub, then plug the hub's USB cable into a USB 2 port (not 3 !!) on the computer. Windows should then recognize the soundbar and may, if necessary, install a driver. Next, launch Windows control panel and select the "sound" dialog. The soundbar should appear on a list of playback devices. Click on it to set it as the default system speaker. A green-circled check mark will confirm this. Click "OK" to close the dialog. Since I've done this, the soundbar works fine , but the monitor hub is now only passing USB 2 functionality instead of the superior "3" it had likely been designed for.

No Events found!