Highlighted
drunkenm666
Copper

DELL SK-8115 Keyboard Revisions

Hi!

This may seem like an odd question: what is the difference between the DELL SK-8115 keyboards in terms of the Revision Number?

For example: I have a DELL SK-8115 with Hungarian layout (S/N: CN-0DJ370-70917-842-L0A1) and it says on the back of the keyboard, that it's "REV A02". Now, I want to buy another one, but I could only find one labeled "REV A01". I've also seen on the internet that there's a "REV A03" (maybe even A04?).

What is the difference between these Revisions? Are these "bugfixes", fixes in the hardware of the keyboard? Do I need different drivers for the different revisions?

Thanks,

Roland

0 Kudos
3 Replies
osprey4
Diamond

Re: DELL SK-8115 Keyboard Revisions

Hi Roland,

As far as I know, Dell does not publish that information. Is there a hidden question in your message, like you need a device driver for your keyboard or something?

0 Kudos
drunkenm666
Copper

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. There is no hidden question Smiley Happy I was simply wondering, if the A01 is as good as the A02 or A03. I mean why are there 3 different revisions of the same make and model? I guess I'm overthinking it Smiley Very Happy

I really hope that I won't need a driver, since it's a generic USB HID keyboard.

Regards,

Roland

0 Kudos
osprey4
Diamond

Roland,

I have a similar model multimedia keyboard, both at work running XP and at home running 7. Neither of them required any driver for me to use the buttons and other functionality.

0 Kudos