Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2010 08:00

Dell 6-button mouse (K251D) - side buttons

Couldn't find any general forums to post this.

After spending a few hours configuring a new T3500 workstation (Win7-64) am left with a 6-button mouse with no way to set up the 2 side buttons. The trouble is that no where can I find any information on it apart from this Canadian Dell site (http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=corp&sku=u770d) which lists Logitech in the general description which doesn't exactly help.

Mouse ID as follows:    [M/N:M-UAV-DEL8]    [D P/N: K251D]      [P/N: 810-000765]      [PID: LZ952B315JR]

Do any drivers exist for this product or is there a way to configure the side buttons?

Many thanks,

Lee

23 Posts

September 20th, 2010 08:00

very interested too, since i have more than 20 of this model that i need to configure.... thanks! :emotion-2:

23 Posts

October 5th, 2010 08:00

yet nobody knows which driver to install?

3 Posts

December 29th, 2010 13:00

I have upload a file called mousedriver.zip to the files section.  This contains a driver that will work with microsoft intellipont and this mouse.  First install intellipoint on your computer.  Then update your driver from your mouse (In the device Manager) with the one in the mouse driver file.  Note:  You must select install from a specifice location, and then Don't search I will choose which driver to install.  Pick the folder that you extracted from the above file.  Reboot your PC.

23 Posts

January 3rd, 2011 05:00

Thanks for that!

But from that page

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK

What do we have to select to download the proper microsoft intellipoint software?

1 Message

January 18th, 2011 15:00

I downloaded the drivers - looks like 32 bit. I run windows 7 64 bit. I did download intellipoint v7 and v8 64 bit but without the drivers intellipoint doesn't recognize any microsoft mouse on the system.

Google search gave me this dell url describing the mouse as a logitech mouse - http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=corp&sku=u770d

3 Posts

January 19th, 2011 13:00

You should have a file called pnt64uw.inf.  Edit  this file in note pad and search for Laser Mouse 6000.  You should find an entry that looks similar to this: HID\Vid_046D&Pid_C063.DeviceDesc="Microsoft USB Laser Mouse 6000 (IntelliPoint)".  Change the line in your file to match the one above and restart your system.  It should then recognize your mouse.

1 Message

March 29th, 2011 12:00

does this driver still exist anywhere on the internet?  can't seem to find it.  checked files section and didn't see anything.  

1 Message

May 13th, 2011 07:00

Did all you wrote but still doesnt work! Does,nt seems to recognize my mouse1

Thanks

2 Posts

October 21st, 2011 07:00

Did everything in here, nothing worked. Ended up installing XMouse (a free application to program mouse buttons) and works like a charm. It's a software, so no driver-based mess ups with it.

You can get it here: www.highrez.co.uk/.../XMouseButtonControl.htm

When in the main configuration window, just click the button you want to program. The drop-down menu that corresponds to that button will turn from white to yellow, so you know how it's labeled.

Hope this helps!

1 Message

March 1st, 2012 11:00

Can you repost the mousedriver.zip file?  It is no longer in the files section.  Thanks

1 Message

April 29th, 2012 17:00

These side buttons suck so bad. The Xmouse software works, but I wish there were official drivers to turn these side buttons off. Thanks Expo357.

No Events found!